September 8, 2022
September is National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month and this week, September 4-10, 2022 is National Suicide Prevention Week, a time to share resources and stories in an effort to shed light on this taboo and stigmatized topic. We invite you to revisit the CGI archives to explore and share our educational resources, including articles and podcasts, on suicide prevention and awareness.
We’re proud to stand alongside those fighting to create a future without suicide and take great pride in offering these resources to public at no cost in an effort to advance the awareness and education of suicide prevention and behavioral healthcare.
- Ask a DBH Special Episode: Suicide Prevention and State Policy with Dr. Janet Cummings, Psy.D., Dr. Larry Ford, DBH, and Jackie Carro
- Veteran Suicide Prevention and Mental Health with Dr. C. Carl Wilson DBH, LPCC, CADC
- COVID-19 Kills in More Ways than One: The Novel Coronavirus and Suicide
- Suicide in School Shooting Survivors
- Prevent Suicide by Recognizing Early Warning Signs
- Preventing Suicide: Verbal, Non-Verbal, and Tactile Indicators
- Type 1 Diabetes, Public Health Insurance, and Suicidal Ideation: Surprising Links
- Making A Difference
- Six Reasons Why Individuals Choose Suicide
Suicide Prevention Resources
Postpartum Support International (PSI)
PSI Helpline: 1-800-944-4773
#1 En Espanol or #2 English