MHL to DBH Pathway
What is the MHL to DBH Pathway?
Students enrolled in the Master of Healthcare Leadership (MHL) program at Cummings Graduate Institute for Behavioral Health Studies (CGI) are eligible to advance through the admissions process and enroll in the Doctor of Behavioral Health (DBH) program.
This pathway option is made possible through the Exceptions for Degree-Seeking Admissions Policies – Doctor of Behavioral Health (DBH) Program.
What are the benefits of the MHL to DBH Pathway?
Participating in the MHL to DBH Pathway enables students to seamlessly transition from their master’s coursework to their doctoral studies at CGI. Additional MHL to DBH pathway benefits include:
- Application fee waiver for the DBH program
- Program fee waiver for the DBH program
- Expedited admissions process for the DBH program after completion of the MHL program
- Tuition lock*
- Complete both the MHL and DBH in as short as four (4) years
* In the event of a tuition increases during MHL enrollment, participating pathway students are grandfathered into the tuition rate stated in their initial MHL enrollment catalog during the entirety of their continuous MHL and DBH enrollment
In addition to MHL to DBH pathway benefits, enrolled pathway students also receive access to the same student services and institutional benefits as students enrolled in academic degree seeking programs. These include but are not limited to:
- No GRE required
- 100% online instruction
- No internship or residency requirements
- Mentorship program access
- Reading and writing support
- Access to the Resource Center for Student Veterans & Military-Connected Students
- Military Tuition Discount & application fee waivers
- Institutional scholarship opportunities
- CGI’s competitive tuition rate
- No out-of-state tuition
- No hidden fees
- Flexible tuition payment options
- Employer tuition reimbursement accepted
How to get started?
To apply for admission into the MHL to DBH pathway, complete the MHL program admissions application and indicate your interest in the MHL to DBH pathway in the application. MHL program admissions eligibility requirements are applicable to MHL to DBH pathway applicants.
Once a student is admitted and enrolled in the Master of Healthcare Leadership (MHL) program, they will be informed by university officials on next steps for continuing into the Doctor of Behavioral Health (DBH) program during their enrollment.
About the MHL & DBH Programs
Additional information on the MHL and DBH program can be found at:
Start your MHL to DBH Pathway application.
Complete the form below to begin your application to the MHL to DBH pathway.