Resource Center for Student Veterans & Military-Connected Students
CGI is committed to helping veteran, active-duty, guard and reserve personnel achieve their education goals and maximize military education benefits. When transitioning into graduate student life, veterans may feel limited in their academic options due to family, career or other location obstacles that may restrict them from attending courses on campus. This is where Cummings Graduate Institute can help. As CGI is a 100% online institution, our Resource Center for Student Veterans & Military Connected Students is an online space CGI created on the cgi.edu website to host any veteran supportive information and needs. In addition to CGI's online resource center, CGI has dedicated shared space in its new facility that veteran students are welcome to use if they need to have a space in an in-person office setting. But as 100% of CGI students are online and a majority are located outside of Arizona, CGI created the online resource center for Veterans to be inclusive of our in-state and out of state students.
Cummings Graduate Institute honors Air Force benefits, Army benefits, Coast Guard benefits, Marine Corps benefits, and Navy benefits as well as military spouse benefits. It is our ultimate goal to give service-members the opportunity to receive life-changing healthcare career training.
When transitioning into graduate student life, veterans may feel limited in their academic options due to family, career or other location obstacles that may restrict them from attending courses on campus. This is where Cummings Graduate Institute can help. Those who need a more flexible schedule to complete their education can find here at Cummings Graduate Institute.
Cummings Graduate Institute strives to provide online students with the same resources as their on-campus peers. Students enrolled in CGI online courses should expect to have access to resources such as writing support, academic advising, counseling and veteran-specific resources.
8 Keys to Veterans' Success
Cummings Graduate Institute is proud to be a signatory to the 8 Keys of Veterans' Success through the Department of Education. Cummings Graduate Institute is committed to implement the promising practices outlined in the 8 Keys, as follows:
- Create a culture of trust and connectedness across the campus community to promote well-being and success.
- Ensure consistent and sustained support from campus leadership.
- Implement an early alert system to ensure all veterans receive academic, career, and financial advice before challenges become overwhelming.
- Coordinate and centralize campus efforts for all veterans, together with the creation of a designated space for them (even if limited in size).
- Collaborate with local communities and organizations, including government agencies, to align and coordinate various services for veterans.
- Utilize a uniform set of data tools to collect and track information, including demographics, retention, and degree completion.
- Provide comprehensive professional development for faculty and staff on issues and challenges unique to veterans.
- Develop systems that ensure sustainability of effective practices for veterans.
The Principles of Excellence
Cummings Graduate Institute is pleased to be a signatory to The Principles of Excellence by the Departments of Defense, Education, and Veterans Affairs (VA). Thus forward, CGI will adhere to the following guidelines for our student veterans and military-connected students:
- Provide students with a personalized form covering the total cost of an education program.
- Provide educational plans for all military and Veteran education beneficiaries.
- End fraudulent and aggressive recruiting techniques and misrepresentations.
- Accommodate Service members and Reservists absent due to service requirements.
- Designate a point of contact to provide academic and financial advice.
- Ensure accreditation of all new programs prior to enrolling students.
- Align institutional refund policies with those under Title IV, which governs the administration of federal student financial aid programs.