A Lifelong and Worldwide Community of CGI Alumni
July 20, 2022
Cummings Graduate Institute for Behavioral Health Studies alumni have come together and forged an exciting new chapter, the CGI Alumni Association. The formation of the CGI Alumni Association was sparked by several alumni of the DBH program who had a desire to assist in promoting a strong relationship between alumni and the university.
The mission of the CGI Alumni Association is to encourage alumni to participate actively in Cummings Graduate Institute’s community, by attending both virtual and in-person events, volunteering, creating new ways for alumni to stay connected to CGI, and contributing to the continued growth and development of the institute. Their vision is to involve the greatest possible number of CGI alumni on a continual basis by offering a range of programs and services that foster learning, connection, support, and community. The CGI Alumni Association’s approach remains consistent with the core values of integrated care, community involvement, educational outreach, and service.
The alumni association’s programs and services will provide alumni with meaningful opportunities to:
- Continue the process of life-long learning focused on the principles of integrated health care.
- Foster diversity and community, strengthening ties to CGI and growing relationships with other alumni.
- Receive valuable services to enhance their lives and careers
- Serve the institute, other alumni, students, and the community at large
The inaugural CGI Alumni Association Board members are:
- Dr. William Penney, DBH, LMFT, LCSW, President
- Dr. Liza R. Clancy, DBH, MSW, Vice President
- Dr. Andreena Jackson, DBH, MSSA, LSW, Chair/Alumni Mentor
- General Board Members
- Dr. Steven Byrd, DBH
- Dr. Leolani Ah Quin, DBH
- Dr. Stephen Lee, DBH
- Dr. Margaret Kristin Guadiano-Elliott, DBH
- Dr. Janine Fonfara, DBH
Since forming less than a year ago, the CGI Alumni Association has been working on an ambitious set of goals aligned with their mission and vision.
- Provide financial support to deserving CGI students
- Strengthen communication between alumni and the university
- Develop and support alumni volunteer leadership
- Enhance alumni connections with faculty, students and university leadership
- Encourage participation in Alumni Relations programs
“The CGI Alumni Association desires to create a lifelong and worldwide community of alumni through increased opportunities for meaningful engagement to increase awareness, pride, participation, volunteer involvement, and philanthropic commitment to CGI. I am proud to be an intricate part of its initiation and truly believe that Dr. Nick Cummings would have been proud of our efforts and commitments to his vision.”
– Dr. U. Grant Baldwin, Jr., DBH, Advisor of the CGI Alumni Association
Anyone wishing to contribute to the CGI Alumni Association’s fundraising efforts, can make a gift here. Alumni of Cummings Graduate Institute who are interested in joining the CGI Alumni Association, can contact the organization’s Advisor, Dr. U. Grant Baldwin, Jr., DBH at email@example.com to express interest.