The Integrated Behavioral Healthcare - Women’s Health graduate certificate focuses on the integrated healthcare needs of women from adolescence through older adulthood. Program content examines the comprehensive bio/psycho/social/spiritual/ cultural needs of women, including care quality improvements needed in reproductive, gynecological, prenatal, postpartum settings, common minor and acute health problems, as well as influences that affect women’s lives. Emphasis on Integrated Behavioral Health Interventions used in health promotion, risk reduction, clinical decision making and management of Women’s health issues, perinatal care of mothers and infants, and gynecological health.
Benefits of this certificate include:
- Enhance your professional knowledge, skills, and career potential in field of integrated healthcare practices
- Enrich your understanding of the major women’s health issues and care needs as well as the importance of promoting mental wellness and risk reduction
- Serve as catalysts for healthcare reform and improvement for women
- Learn from national experts in the field and network with peers
- Certificate coursework at CGI may transfer to degree-seeking programs, such as the DBH
Upon completion of the certificate program, graduates will:
- Consult effectively with the medical team as a behavioral health expert using knowledge of medical culture and acute, chronic, and comorbid conditions.
- Deliver evidence-based screening, assessment, and behavioral interventions appropriate for primary care and specialty medical settings.
- Design cost-effective population health approaches to treating chronic and comorbid conditions while addressing social determinants of health.
- Design and evaluate evidence-based practice for behavioral conditions in medical settings based on principles of quality improvement