The nonprofit, private, post-secondary institution specializing in integrated behavioral health education has affirmed support of the Department of Education’s 8 Keys to Veterans’ Success.
Dec. 7, 2020
Cummings Graduate Institute for Behavioral Health Studies is proud to be a signatory to the 8 Keys of Veterans’ Success through the Department of Education. The “8 Keys to Veterans’ Success” are designed to assist Veterans and Service members in transitioning into higher education, degree program completion, and obtaining career-readiness skills. Postsecondary institutions, like Cummings Graduate Institute (CGI), voluntarily affirm to support the 8 keys.
CGI is committed to implement the promising practices outlined in the 8 Keys, as follows:
- Create a culture of trust and connectedness across the campus community to promote well-being and success for veterans.
- Ensure consistent and sustained support from campus leadership.
- Implement an early alert system to ensure all veterans receive academic, career, and financial advice before challenges become overwhelming.
- Coordinate and centralize campus efforts for all veterans, together with the creation of a designated space for them (even if limited in size).
- Collaborate with local communities and organizations, including government agencies, to align and coordinate various services for veterans.
- Utilize a uniform set of data tools to collect and track information on veterans, including demographics, retention, and degree completion.
- Provide comprehensive professional development for faculty and staff on issues and challenges unique to veterans.
- Develop systems that ensure sustainability of effective practices for veterans.
Dr. Joshua D. Watson, Ed.D., the Assistant Director of Student Services at CGI states, “I am pleased that we at CGI have affirmed our commitment to supporting veterans as they pursue their graduate education and employment goals by means of the “8 Keys” initiative through the Departments of Education. We look forward to working with students, faculty, and staff to practice and adhere to the guidelines in these initiatives.”
Founded in 2015, CGI is a nonprofit, DEAC accredited, online post-graduate institution of higher learning offering the Doctor of Behavioral Health (DBH) degree program exclusively focused on integrated healthcare. Cummings Graduate Institute is dedicated to disrupting healthcare by preparing entrepreneurial integrated care professionals through innovative and affordable quality distance education programs, grounded in the Biodyne Model, and focused on delivering human-centered care, population health improvements, and medical cost savings. CGI is focused on meeting the healthcare industry’s need for a highly-skilled workforce to support an integrated approach to addressing patients’ needs. To learn more about CGI visit, https://cgi.edu/.